Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Changing the diapers

"Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run..." ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
I looks like America had spoken:" Good Bye Republicans! Hello Democrats!". I believe many were expecting to see the Democrats gaining most of the votes on November 7th, 2006.You could already tell about different feelings in the last Presidential elections. This time, the majority had chosen the Democrats.
Have You ever looked back and thought about all the noise that elections make, about pain and tears that wars bring? Some time ago (during WW2)we were trying to conquer Germany, today we're trying hard to move and live there. Who cares for those who died thinking that they gave their life for freedom during the previous wars? Almost nobody, except their families. Then a though comes: it is worth sacrificing life for the freedom of my country, for my people? Maybe the cause I gave my life for today will not matter tomorrow...
Elections, wars etc and all this stuff doesn't really matter in the long run. What only matters are the results and the real results will be seen and understood in 40-50 years or more...
Relating to my previous post I am wandering what's more worth doing: changing politians or...changind diapers of a baby?
What does really matter in the long run?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home