Friday, June 20, 2008

Bye-bye, summer


"In summer, the song sings itself..."


Days in Alaska are incredible long.Often I found myself going and doing stuff and after many hours kind of getting tired by the end of the day.When looking at watch I was shoked to see that is actually 10,30pm or so and the sun is still up and shining.

I still can't get over Alaskan amaizing sunsets which during these days are usually at 11,45pm or midnight :) At 11,30 pm(in the evening!) the sun is bright and happy.In the mornings it comes up around 4am.Surely enought without blinds on your windows it may be hard to sleep.

Today, at 3,59pm the sun will reach its nothermost point above the celestial equator and we'll mark the official summer solstice.

Many calenars note the solstice by calling it the day of summer, but Alaskasn know better.Today at 3,59pm Alaska will make a U-turn and head straignt toward winter as days start getting shorter.


I love summer and sunshine.It just makes me happy.So, I'll enjoy it as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home