Thursday, June 05, 2008

I just landed in Alaska!

"To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world..." John Muir

Less then 1 hour ago I landed safely on the International Airport in Anchorage. The views are just spectacular: beautiful mountains covered with snow, crystal clear lakes, calm Ocean, healthy green forest...It was an exciting trip:
-The longest day ever because I had daylight for 24 hours;
-The longest trip I ever made=29 hours; Bucharest-
Amsterdam-Atlanta(GA)-Salt Lake City(Utah)-Anchorage,AK.
-4 flights in a raw, over 22 hours in the air, almost 9.000 km distance;

When I got here few friends were already waiting for me at the Airport.It was nice to see smiley faces in a new world.
Well, I am messed up because we are probably 13 hours behind Romania.So, I landed here at 00,15 midnight(local time) while my Swiss watch was showing 11,15 am Romanian time.Go figure :)

I am so tired but can't go to sleep.My body clock tells me it's day time.Still, I am going to bed because tomorrow it's time to...Rock'n'Roll ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home