Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter time


"Christianity begins where religion ends...with the resurrection"

Herbert Booth Smith


Every year we have lots of celebrations. All kind of history behind them, different backgrounds and reasons. Easter and Christmas are the main two for Christianity. They are different but the one common note in both of them is JOY.

Why do you celebrate Easter? Does Christ's resurrection brings You joy or it's only about tradition?

We live because He died for us. Rejoice!

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Melany said...

Thanks for linking to my site. :)

I appreciate the questions you raise in this post. Why celebrate Christmas and Easter? In my mind, the two are inseperably linked together. Christ came to die, and He died to live so that we might live through Him.

Jesus said "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (John 10:10) and "Because I live, you also shall live."

So why do I celebrate Christmas and Easter? I celebrate LIFE, eternal life bought by the blood of Christ, and the forgiveness of sins given freely to all who call on Him for salvation. Hristos a inviat! It is something to celebrate, all year round. :) http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Ephesians+2%3A1-10

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger Tony said...

Yes, I agree. T;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home