Tuesday, January 01, 2008

French New Year


"Great things are done when men and mountains meet"

William Brake, English Poet, Painter, Engraver.


Now I am in Chamonix, Mont-Blanc ( in the right, you can check the web cam)--the coolest ski resort of France! Well, yeah, I know, from London to here is quite some distance. Couple days ago together with my friends we decided to celebrate New Year's Eve in a nice area with real snow. So, we got in the car and we hit the road. I'll admit, we didn't do too much planning on that. Checked some stuff on-line, packed and ...here we are.

The view can't be expressed in words. It's fascinating. Brilliant white snow, high mountains surrounding the little town of Chamonix, located about 80 km from Geneva (Switzerland), skiers and snowboarders everywhere, happy people, children's giggle...I love it.

Tomorrow we're gonna take the ski lift to go to the highest top of Mont-Blank. Tomorrow I'll be on Aiguille du Midi, 3.842 meters above you:) There are sharp mount edges, mountain crystal lakes and several glaciers. Lots of new things for me.

Ski afterwards, of course.


"Bonne Anne 2008! "

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonne Annee! Si de pe Mont Blanc, tot mai sus in 2008!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home