Monday, October 13, 2008

The Best Birthday Party ever!!!


"The only way to have a friend is to be one..." Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am back to Bucharest, Romania and I am already overlwhelmed by so many extraordinary surprises.
As soon as I landed at the Intl Otopeni Airport, got my luggage and was making my way out…I met 4 dear friends that were waiting for me. I was expecting only one of them. The other 3 joked with me saying:" It’s good seeing you but we are actually waiting for somebody else". I took their word for good and said it’s ok, don’t worry, I’m not going to keep them busy too long. So, after greeting them I got my luggage and left. Only 3 days later I found out that they really came to… welcome me. I felt so bad. I am unworthy of such a privilege and honor. Thank You Alex! Thank You Mihai cel Roman! Thank You Cipri! Thank You Dan!
On October 11th I had my Birthday! It was the best ever! Well, first of all because it started on the 10th and ended on the 12th of October:) Second, my friends had planned the most amazing surprise I ever had. I am pretty hard to surprise as I am detailed oriented and usually I figure it out when something is cooking. Then I kind of stopped believing in good surprises but…
On October 11th there were about 40 young people who met meet, sang Happy B-day to me and hugged me. There is nothing else on the Planet that I need.
This day was worth waiting 120 days. Being about 9.000 km away I kept thinking of my friends. Will they still be here? Will they still remember my name? I realized more then ever how important is each and every one of them to me. How special are they. But more then everything I realized that I’ll give the entire World for my friends.

Thank you for being my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home