Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Romanian Hero


The tragedy at Virginia Tech was a shock for everyone. We all are trying to find an explanation to why happened what happened.
One particular fact impressed me a lot. I am talking about the way that Romanian professor Liviu Ribrescu acted. If you watched the news you probably know that he blocked the door of the classroom so his students could escape. What's that big of a deal?
I thought how would I act in a similar situation?
Well, during good times maybe we all are heroes but how would You act in a crisis situation? Then is no time to think. Then is time for your real character to show.
I never met Prof.Librescu but he earned my respect. He thought of others before himself, his courage was stronger then his fear, his life and his death was an example to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home