Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How can I save the Planet?


"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed."
Mohandas K. Gandhi


One of the few things I remember about my very first day of school was a drawing contest. It was a contest for all first graders to who were invited to draw with chalk on the asphalt. The subject was "Save the Earth". Oh well, we are talking about 80's so saving the Planet had a different meaning then. I have won the top prise and got the diploma for the best drawing :) My drawing was called "People, save the Earth. You will not get another one".


OK, how can I save the Planet today when things are already complicated and it hurts?

Here are my thoughts:

-Turn the lights off when U don't use them.

-Take only the plastic bags you need when U go shopping. If possible, don't get new bags from the store.

-Keep the air-conditioning low or off while U are not in the building.

-Use big bottles of water to refill the smaler ones. Don't buy small bottles every time, if possible.

-Man, please take showers only. Leave the bath with roses and milk only for Your Ladies :)

-Don't use your washing machine if it is less then half full. Wait till U get a full load.

-Don't use chemicals in Your garden (if U have one :)

-Wash your car only if needed

-Read you newspapers online. Buy less paper magazines.

-Print only what You really need....


Have you got more tips? Join me here with comments and more tips.

Yes, the difference I can make is very small BUT if there are many people who are making small differences, there is gonna be a GREAT difference in everything we do.

Save the Planet! U can do it, Captain Planet :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home