Sunday, May 27, 2007

Pride kills


"A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you." -- C.S. Lewis


Every day I meet proud and arogant people . They show their pride by their looks, words, actions, gestures. In everything they do they care only about themselves, about personal "ego". I dislike them. I disrespect them. I avoid them.

Such people are cheap and dirty. They are interested only in their advantage and you can't rely on them. Most interesting is that they will never admit that they are proud and their feelings may get hurt if you make them aware of the pride that stinks.

I love what C.S. Lewis said: " They can't see what's above them...".

Probably when we all will discover what's above us, we'll look at pride from a different perspective...

Pride kills.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 AM , Blogger Dr Luke said...

It was interesting to read your thoughts about pride. I agree. Pride kills.
A challenging question life rases: what should we do if we can not avoid such people due to different situations we are in?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home