Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Greatest Alaskan Treasure


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend"

Albert Camus, French Novelist, Essayist and Playwright, 1957 Nobel Prize for Literature


In less then 2 weeks I'll leave Alaska. I spent here one of the BEST summers of my life. People use to come to Alaska for gold, today they come for oil, fun and so many other things.

I really didn't know much of what to expect when my plane was landing here after the longest trip I ever had. I didn't know much about Alaska and its people.

Looking back at every day of my time here I have discovered something I never thought I will find here. I discovered something more precious then gold or oil. Here in Alaska I made some of my best friends and I look upon time believing that many of the the friendships started here will last forever.

I thought about the friends I already have in Romania and in many other places. What keeps our friendship? There are people of different ages and social status, people who leave close by or far away that treasure so much our friendship.

Some say the distance kills a friendship.I disagree. A friend will be your friend in despite of any circumstance. A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to You when you have forgotten the words. A friend is a giver, not only a receiver. That's a real friend.


I wish a could look into the future and know how many of my friends today will still be my friends maybe in...50 years.

Will You still be here?


1 Comments:

At 2:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

always...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home